From International e-commerce giants to small D2C start-ups, retailers are giving out unique offers and positioning their brands as a one-stop destination for Valentine’s Day gifts and celebrations
By Nehal Gautam and Anagha R Ratna
Bengaluru: There are a number of retail brands that are celebrating Valentine’s Day by slashing the prices of some of its most popular products. Certain companies are even reducing prices on their entire website.
Here is a list of some brands and retailers that are holding attractive Valentine’s Day promotions:
- An electronics retail chain Vijay Sales is presenting a line-up of products with up to 70% discount on the latest smartphones, laptops, accessories, and home appliances.
- E-commerce giant Flipkart is presenting Flip Heart Days with offers on gadgets, especially Apple products. The brand is offering iPhone 13 at a surprisingly low-cost of INR 36,999.
- Qua, a women’s clothing brand selling functional workwear is offering a flat 23% off with coupon code LOVE23.
- Solesearch is a digital platform for reselling hyped and limited edition products. The brand is offering 35% off on a curated selection of sneakers and other luxury products such as Air Jordans, Nike Dunks, Essentials, and Omega X Swatch.
- Myntra has created a ‘V-Day Specials’ category that presents a variety of choices from different categories. Users can choose a gift from the twin collection with up to a 40% discount.
- Candere by Kalyan Jewellers bucketed top-selling products during Valentine’s Day under a cluster named ‘Oh! Love’. Customers can avail offers of up to 100% off on making charges of diamond jewellery and up to 60% off on making of gold jewellery.
- Delivery platform Borzo is running a week-long 50% promo code offer for all customers.
- Cosmetic brand Milap Cosmetics is offering a 30% discount on its entire range of products for Valentine’s Day.
- Amazon has created a ‘Valentine’s Day Store’ with different gifting options available at up to a 70% discount.
- Croma is celebrating Valentine’s week on its online platform with a sale named Heartly Yours by Croma, with up to 50% off on electronic gadgets smartphones, laptops, and smartwatches.
- Skincare retailer Nykaa’s ‘Pink love sale’ is live on its online platform. The brand is giving Valentine’s Day offers on popular cosmetic brands like Kay Beauty, Maybelline, Lakmé, Plum, L’Oréal Paris, Neutrogena, Schwarzkopf Professional, Smashbox, The Ordinary, MAC and Bobbi Brown.
- DishiS Jewels s is offering a discount of up to 40% just in time for Valentine’s Day and coupon discounts for repeat buyers.
- Hair care brand Ikonic Professional is offering a special “Box of Love” with up to 25% off on Ikonic’s special combos for hair styling and cosmetic brand Proarte’s entire range of beauty/makeup accessories.
- Online beauty shopping store Purplle is celebrating Valentine’s week with a sale named I Heart Beauty Sale and offers up to 50% sale on selected products. The brand is also offering a chance to select a free gift on every order.
V-Day campaigns by food retailers
Fine food retailers have a key opportunity to cash in on shoppers looking for high-quality dine-in meals and deals. Mumbai-based R City Mall is celebrating the month of love in a unique way by organizing a ‘Love For Food’ campaign.
“Our strategy has been to try something out of the league, so we decided to offer food-specific events and celebrate the love of people towards good food. Instead of walking the regular route of couples celebrating the season of love, here we have tried to manifest Love through ‘Love For Food’ which we all do. From the business standpoint, it gives us the opportunity to promote the variety of F&B brands we have to offer.” said a spokesperson from R City Mall.
Burger QSR chain Good Flippin’ Burgers is enticing customers with its innovative dine-in atmosphere. Each store has been decorated in red and there are heart-shaped selfie points outside the stores. The brand is also distributing Valentine’s Day special postcards along with each dine-in and home-delivery order to let the consumers express their feelings to their loved ones.
“We are promoting a limited-edition Valentine’s menu for couples. People really enjoy celebrating this day with their loved ones and to make it a little more special, on this special day, customers can luxuriate in customized dishes,” said Chef Ananda Solomon, founder of Thai Naam.
Innovative gifting deals
Clothing brand House of Fett presents “Love Letters” campaign to bring back the romance of hand-written love letters. Through the campaign, client selects a gift from House of Fett’s range of specially curated products. A custom-written love letter will be specifically crafted for the recipient or the sender can write their own words of Love.
“The “Love Letters” campaign has struck a chord with customers, who appreciate the personal touch and heartfelt sentiment of hand-written love letters. We are proud to be able to offer our customers a unique and meaningful way to express their love this Valentine’s Day. As a result, we are expecting to see a significant increase in sales, with an estimated total of approximately 20 lakh across both our retail and online channels on Valentine’s Day,” said a spokesperson from House of Fett.
IGP, a homegrown multi-category gifting company is providing 10% flat off and 20% cashback with different coupon codes for the brand’s Valentine’s Day collection. The company’s top-selling products are flowers, personalized products and V-day special gift hampers.
“We are expecting a 100% YoY growth in bespoke Valentine’S Day Products. Valentine’s week in 2022, nearly 5 lakh flower stems were sold, with roses being the most popular, constituting 70% of the total stems,” the brand said to IndiaRetailing. “In addition to flowers, people also preferred gifting chocolates and teddy bears. The most popular hamper consisted of a combination of flowers and chocolates, constituting 40% of total orders, hampers with teddies constituted 30%, and other categories made up the rest of the 30%.”
A gold-tech platform Ausper launched its Valentine’s Day digital campaign introducing Ausper LUV, A visa-powered gift card. Using the gift card, one can make a gold purchase of choice from any jewellery brand across India, along with the finest jewellery brands on the platform itself. With the Ausper cards, consumers can get exclusive deals and offers on purchases.
“We believe that it is the smartest gifting choice this Valentine’s season, which makes the occasion even more deep and thoughtful. As it goes, ‘Promise of gold is a promise of love’, one can look at recreating golden memories by value-adding relationships with the gift of gold with such remarkable deals and offers,” said Tejas Mehta, co-founder of Ausper.