Pushpa Bector, Executive Director, DLF Retail highlights key trends in shopping centres
The emergence of destination malls, experiential centres and conscious consumerism are the three trends that will rule shopping centres in India according to Pushpa Bector, Executive Director, DLF Retail.
Other trends she highlighted are
- The food & Beverages category is heating up
- Shopping is becoming incidental
- The athleisure category is growing rapidly as wellness becomes important in the post-pandemic world. (Recognising this trend, DLF has curated an athleisure zone in its shopping centre, informed Bector.)
- Experience is taking the driver’s seat. It is becoming increasingly important as consumers are looking for high-class experiences.
- Sustainability is becoming an important aspect of business, both at the front end and back as customers are well-informed about every aspect of the business.
Pushpa Bector was speaking at the 2022 edition of IMAGES Group’s Phygital Retail Convention (PRC), where she delivered a keynote.