Real estate developer and asset management company Alpha G:Corp has confirmed to IndiaRetailing that its mega retail project AlphaOne in Amritsar, Punjab will open in early March.
AlphaOne, Amritsar is a two million square feet mixed use development of which the first phase of one million square feet has anchors like Shoppers Stop, HyperCity, Fun Cinemas (5 screen multiplex), Krazy Kingdom and Standard Max. In addition, there will be a versatile mix of international, national and vanilla retailers including United Colors of Benetton, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi’s, Lee, Allen Solly, Provogue, Wrangler, Adidas, Nike, Reebok, Puma, Arrow, Lee Cooper, Blackberrys, Zodiac, Pepe Jeans, Flying Machine, Planet Fashion, F2O, Peter England, Mufti, Hidesign, Biba, Reid & Taylor, Kapsons, Catmoss, Lilliput, Kingkow, Lakshita, Woodland, Bata, Magnet, Metro, Titan, Timex, VIP, Just Lucky’s, Duke, NuWest, Café Coffee Day, Sunglass Hut, Mothercare, UV&W, Deep International, Rockport, Himalaya, VDOT, Suchee, Fuelstop, H&A, Mochi, et al.
The Completion Certificate u/s 272(2) of PMC Act 1976 to AlphaOne, Amritsar has been issued for occupation of the building. AlphaOne, Amritsar is the single largest mixed use development in terms of fiscal, area of construction, retail space and quality of development in the region and will cater to the entire city and emerging satellite towns besides the tourists that come regularly to the holy city of the Sikhs. The initial investment for this mega-project in Amritsar is over Rs. 350 crores (US $70 million approximately) for Phase1, with hypermarket, big-format retailing, stand-alone boutiques, hospitality and F&B including one of the largest food courts in India. Fun Republic will open a 5-screen multiplex within AlphaOne to offer a heightened and cosmopolitan experience in multiplex cinema in Amritsar.
AlphaOne is expected to be a new destination point for tourists after the Golden Temple and the Wagah Border. Among many innovations at the property is a replication of the Hall Bazaar of Amritsar in the “Amritsari Bazaar” style on the top floor where almost 300 renowned retailers of Punjab vied to obtain space. Their focus has been to functionally make it customer-friendly, with meticulously planned zoning to that effect.
AlphaOne has been designed and conceived by ARCOP and is in conformity with global standards. AlphaOne will offer parking facility for over 1,200 cars in the first phase itself, thereby enabling shoppers to park on the surface car-park and travel on travelators into the hyper-market.
Technical & zoning specifications:
• Retail and Entertainment area: over 5,40,755 square feet.
• Area earmarked for hypermarket (basement): 1,46,000 square feet.
• Over 1,20,000 square feet of retail on each floor with more than 120 outlets across three floors.
• Area dedicated to Multiplex and Entertainment zones on top floor: 56,000 square feet.
• Area dedicated to speciality dining: 10,000 square feet; area dedicated for Food court and Food stalls on top floor: 18,000 square feet.
• Family entertainment centre
• Speciality Dining & Hospitality
• Food Courts
• Health clubs & Spa
Architectural/ Design elements:
• Elements in Glass
• Double Skin Cladding
• India’s largest HyperCity hypermarket, offering an opportunity to shop for almost every household need under one roof.
• More than 170 retail outlets of the finest national and international brands spread across three floors.
• A 5 screen Multiplex with 1,156 seats by Fun Cinemas and a Family Entertainment Zone.
• A Food Court serving a large variety of Indian and world cuisines along with fine dining and speciality restaurants.
• Recreation of the authentic Amritsari shopping experience at the ‘Amritsari Bazaar’, which will have 47 stores offering exquisite handicrafts and other specialities of Amritsar.
— Nupur Chakraborty