Central is looking at a 40 per cent business growth this year to take its revenue to Rs 3,500 crore, a top company official said here on Saturday.
“Revenue from the fashion business is targeted to touch Rs 12,000 crore in the current financial year. Out of which Rs 3500 crore will come from the revenues of Central, a lifestyle departmental store owned by the group”, CEO of Future Group Kishore Biyani told reporters here.
Central will be investing Rs 300 crore for expanding its reach across cities, he said.
Biyani said another 15 such outlets will be opened across the country by the end of this financial year, thus taking the total to 50.
Future Group was also planning a second Central store at the famous Metro cinema building, now closed, located in the heart of the city at Esplanade. Since the building had been accorded the heritage status, the facade would remain unchanged, he said.
The group had also collaborated with the West Bengal government to open ‘Biswa Bangla’ outlets at all Central stores across the country.
At present, there are 35 stores in different cities across India.
Spread over a sprawling 100,000 sq.ft. Central provides world class services and a bouquet of high fashion brands to shop from under one roof, the Next Generation Central will take the shoppers’ buying experience to the next level.
With state of the art décor, minimalistic fixtures and an aspirational fashion boutique feel, the Next Generation Central vows to provide a delightful shopping experience to its customers right from the time they enter the store to the billing and cash counters. The space has subtle displays that compliments the store design and aesthetics. The store is designed and specialized to offer an enhanced and a more customized service to shoppers as per international standards.
The Next Generation Central showcases a premium mix of national & international brands in various categories like Men’s and Ladies Formal Wear, Casual Wear, Ethnic Wear, Cosmetics, Fragrances, Handbags, Watches, Men’s and Ladies Footwear, Toys, Kids Apparel, Lingerie and more. From brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Guess, Gucci, FCUK to acclaimed designer names like Micheal Kors, Giorgio Armani, Ferragamo, Calvin Klein, Diesel, Roberto Cavalli, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Central will serve as the one stop shop for the fashion conscious customers of the capital.
Speaking at the launch, Biyani said, “Kolkata was the first city with which we started Future Group. It is a proud moment for us to bring Central High Definition to the city for the first time. We have always believed in staying ahead of the curve and understanding the need of our ever evolving customer. The amalgamation of world class brands with experiential design at the store provides customers with a global experience while keeping in mind Indian sensitivities. Central defines the best of both the worlds in terms of fashion, choice, culture and sensitivity.”
Unique offerings that will enhance customer experience:
– Valet Parking – To give its customers a comfortable shopping experience, this next gen store has an exclusive valet parking service.
– Golf Cart Service: A golf cart for a pick up and drop within Aerocity premise.
– Central buddies and ushers at entry – Central buddies at the elevator and ushers at entry will assist shoppers with store navigation and ongoing offers
– Fashion stylists – They will help shoppers with expert advice on latest fashion trends
– By appointment – Shoppers will be able to book an appointment with fashion stylists at stores who will help them revamp their wardrobe
– Fashion attendants – Store staff to double up as fashion attendants for shoppers
– Reserved – Shoppers can now choose a product and reserve it for free, for up to 48 hours if they are not sure about it instantly
– WhatsApp shopping – Customers can now send their requirements through a WhatsApp message, get options and have the chosen product delivered to their doorstep
– Lux Billing – A sit down billing is a unique feature, to ensure comfort to the shoppers
– Complimentary Wifi – Following the international store trends, this Next Generation Central offers complimentary wifi service to its shoppers
Ambience and store facilities
– Central aroma – A distinct Central aroma will welcome shoppers at each floor
– Mother’s room – Convenience hub for mothers that will give them a private space for nursing and changing diapers along with added amenities like milk bottle heaters and food heaters
– You are special – Various exclusive benefits will be provided to Central Privilege shoppers, senior citizens and expecting mothers
Speaking on the Goods and Services tax (GST), he said the prices of certain products would reduce.