In the history of the world, there are no better cultures than India and China with such a rich legacy of over 5,000 years of continuous culture and heritage deeply embedding a sense of aesthetics, design, and finesse in our lifestyles. Indeed, India has been the Land of the Maharajas for over a millennia, and even after 85 years, the world remembers the fable of how the most famous jewellery piece – the ‘Maharaja of Patiala’ necklace made by Cartier was crafted in India.
Could a globally luxury brand come out of China? Something which the West thought impossible was mastered by one man who said, “I just thought to myself, that if you agree that China will eventually be the largest economy in the world, it was time to start a brand that was quintessentially Chinese”. David Tang, founder of Shanghai Tang – the first global Chinese luxury brand – drove his vision on the ethos of revitalizing Chinese designs, interweaving traditional Chinese culture with the dynamism of the 21st century.
India has all the ingredients – exquisite skilled craftsmanship, design aesthetics which can inspire the best in the world, marketing talent and leadership experience which is leading and building powerful global brands internationally, and most of all the understanding of building an emotional relationship and putting the soul into the brand. Yes, India will be able to create a global luxury brand within the next decade – the skills and knowledge you will need will be shared exclusively in IFF KNOWLEDGE SERIES: CRAFTING THE POWER OF INDIAN-NESS INTO AN INFLUENTIAL GLOBAL LUXURY BRAND: Learning through the curious case of SHANGHAI TANG by IIM Ahmedabad in association with India Fashion Forum. This highly inspirational session, led by two renowned specialists who have provided the vision and mentorship to building many successful ventures and brands.
in association with
IFF KNOWLEDGE SERIES: CRAFTING THE POWER OF INDIAN-NESS INTO AN INFLUENTIAL GLOBAL LUXURY BRAND: Learning through the curious case of SHANGHAI TANG
- Anchal Jain, Serial Fashion Entrepreneur and Visiting Faculty at IIM, Ahmedabad
About the expert:
- Anchal is highly regarded as a thought leader in the Indian Fashion and Lifestyle industry. He is part of the think tank on the future of fashion retailing in France and also serves as a mentor to select start-ups.
- With over 25 years of commitment in fashion and retail industry, Anchal is an established veteran at converting powerful ideas to reality
- Serial entrepreneur who has enjoyed a string of successful start-ups in Europe and India.
- Co-founded Trenspott, a globally disruptive way for consumers to discover and engage with fashion online.
- Co-founded India’s first online private sales business which he successfully exited with an 8x valuation.
- Anchal has an MBA from Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (1985-87) and is now a visiting faculty at IIM, A.
- Co-founded the Cell for Excellence in Luxury and Lifestyle at IIM, Ahmedabad to study and help businesses in the luxury brand building and marketing space with particular reference to the digital applications, branding and marketing.
- Prof. Piyush Kumar Sinha, Professor, Retailing and Marketing, and Former Chairperson, Centre for Retailing, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA)
About the expert:
- Professor Piyush Kumar Sinha is a faculty in the area of marketing and retailing with more than two decades of academic and industry experience.
- Prior to joining IIMA, he was the Dean at MICA.
- Teaches Retailing and Marketing Management to the post graduate students. He also offers courses on Marketing Management and Consumer Behaviour to the Ph.D. students.
- Conducts training programmes for senior managers and has consulted companies in the areas of retail efforts, service management, marketing strategies, and marketing communication.
- Offers a 4.5 month Workshop on Crafting Luxury and Lifestyle Business
(Limited Seats – 30 global luxury aspirants only)
To view the 3 day agenda of the IFF conference, knowledge series and IFF Roundtables log on to www.indiafashionforum.in
To register as IFF delegate: please click here
To join IFF Privilege Membership Club please click here