IndiaRetailing brings you a series on India’s key retail tech icons. Featuring Rupendra Kumar Nigam, VP- IT (Head IT), Spykar Lifestyles Pvt. Ltd., this week
New Delhi: Today’s CIO must know how to leverage technology to create value for the business. No longer are CIOs department heads of a support function, they are in the driver’s seat and need to be more than just subject-matter experts. According to International Data Group (IDG)’s “State of the CIO Study 2022,” 58 percent of workers outside of IT describe their company’s CIO as a “strategic advisor who proactively identifies business opportunities and makes recommendations.”
In this special feature, IndiaRetailing showcases the torchbearers of retail technology. This week, the spotlight is on….
Rupendra Kumar Nigam
Rupendra Kumar Nigam is an awarded, recognised and seasoned information technology leader with 25+ years of rich & multifaceted diverse experience in leading enterprises across diverse verticals including organized retail. In this period, he has worked with multi-country teams for ERP implementation, provided global support to Menlo World Wise Logistic Company (USA), reported to global Head-Office for IT system setup and integration (Hitachi Metglass). Proven history of identifying technologies that support business success and directing a broad range of corporate IT initiatives. ZOHO analytics implementation at Spykar was published as case – study by ZOHO. Nigam has developed and supported e-commerce business at Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail. He successfully implemented and migrated ERP in the manufacturing and retail sector (led implementation of 17 Baan ERP Projects). He also digitised processes enabling users to get 90% real-time data in retail, Omni-channel and e-commerce channels with 95% accurate inventory and substantial improvement in business performance.
Role & Responsibilities
– IT management
– Ensure digital process and strategies
– ERP implementation
– To focus on elevating the brand experience to the customers, by leveraging digital technologies and enabling advancements in the operations.
Career History & Experience
– Spykar Lifestyles Pvt. Ltd.
– Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail
– Menlo Logistics
– Hitachi Metals (India) Private Ltd.
– B.Sc. Diploma in Computer Applications
– Did certifications course in IT
– Task master
– Follow system and process
– Straight forward
– Trust on others very fast
Aspirations to Fulfil
A smooth and settled life
Game changing retail technologies
– Private cloud
– ERP integration with multi software
– single platform to support business
ERP and business understanding
Lessons and Learnings
– Not to give free advice to any one in life
– Focus on your work as work will speak
– Avoid people who create problems always as positive thinking
Future of industry
Give right solution to C-level and cost effective
Role model in the Industry
My first Boss/mentor
Tech mantra for life
Live and let live
This article first appeared in the November 2022 edition of Images Retail.