The Shopping Centres Association of India (SCAI), is organizing its first virtual roundtable – ‘Future of Shopping Centres’. The inaugural session is the first in the webinar series called ‘SCAI Mondays’.
- Atul Ruia, Chairman, Phoenix Mills
- Abhishek Bansal, Executive Director, Pacific Group
- R Jaishankar, CMD, Brigade Group
- Rahul Saraf, MD, Forum Projects
The first focus of the 4-part webinar – which starts at 4:30 pm IST on Monday April 27, 2020 – is to help the Indian Shopping Centre Industry, reeling under the pressures of a lockdown, bank loans, dried up revenue streams and no relief from the government amid the coronavirus pandemic, to prioritise goals.
The unique insights by industry captains on managing business challenges in stressed times will immensely benefit all shopping centre owners and developers in the country.
Some topics which will be discussed in today’s session include:
- What can developers do about banks continuing to call up Lease Rental Deposits?
- How fast can Indian shopping centres push for relief from banks and stimulus from government?
- How can developers manage electricity costs and salaries while suffering from zero rentals?
- What can be done to preserve tenant relations?
- How the industry needs to be prepared for new normals like social distancing.
- How can shopping centre owners and developers build consumer confidence?
SCAI has worked on a clear and exhaustive list of SOPs, which it will be presenting before the government of India