Home Retail Maruti Suzuki reinvents automobile sales model with Nexa retail format

    Maruti Suzuki reinvents automobile sales model with Nexa retail format


    Automobile manufacturer Maruti Suzuki has launched retail outlets under its new premium sales channel Nexa, at an event held at Hyatt Recency, Delhi.
    While it has launched only two Nexa retail stores in Delhi as of now, the company plans to introduce 100 more Nexa outlets in the country over a period of six to eight months. The company has also introduced a loyalty scheme myNEXA and a mobile app, with which customers can keep a tab on their service records.

    Highlighting the store features, RS Kalsi, Executive Director, Marketing and Sales says, “We have designed Nexa stores in a black-and-white monochromatic scheme where the focus will be on the product. Also, there is a digitised process of entry and the entire catalogue be displayed through tablets installed across the store.”

    The Nexa format is a part of the company’s vision to sell two million vehicles by 2020. Commenting on the margin increase through Nexa model, Kalsi says, “From now onwards, automotive retailing will never be the same. We are focusing on our customer delight instead of margins.”

    Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director and CEO, Maruti Suzuki India says, “Last year, we had a 45 per cent share in the passenger vehicle market; now with the Nexa model, we will try to tap the remaining 55 per cent.”

    S- Cross would be debut product to be sold through Nexa, and the company gradually plans to increase its portfolio for the Nexa stores in the country.

    With Nexa, Maruti will not be involved directly; its role will be restricted to only training and distribution.