Home Food Service Carl’s Jr to open 100 Indian outlets in 10 years

Carl’s Jr to open 100 Indian outlets in 10 years

By  
SHARE

When it comes to fast food, international chains are warmly welcomed by a young, upwardly mobile population in India. In the past few months, Johnny Rockets, Barcelos, Wendy’s and have either announced plans to expand in India or have opened new outlets around the country.

To join the clutch of these international burger chains, US burger chain Carl’s Jr has recently announced its plan to open first restaurant in India at mall in Delhi on August 8, according to a company statement.

The brand is being brought to India by Cybiz BrightStar Restaurants, owned by Gurgaon-based Cybiz Corp, through a master franchise agreement with , which is the parent company of Carl’s Jr. “Carl’s Jr is a mix of casual dining ambience, gourmet food quality and QSR speed of service,” Cybiz BrightStar Restaurants’ executive director, Sana Chopra, said in a statement. The F&B service industry is one of India’s most vibrant industries with over 25% yearly growth. The Indian food and beverage market, estimated to be over Rs 2 lakh crore in size, may nearly double to touch Rs 3.80 lakh crore by 2017, according to a FICCI-Grant Thornton report. Amongst the various segments, casual dining and quick service restaurants constitute more than 77 per cent of the overall market.

This tremendous growth in foodservice service industry is one of the reasons that has triggered the growth of international fast food chains in India. Interestingly, global QSR brands hold an aggregate market share of 63% market in India whereas Indian QSRs hold remaining 37%, according to retail analyst firm Technopak. Carl’s Jr expects to launch about hundred stores in the country over the next 10 years.Like all the other international chains, Carl’s Jr will also introduce a customised menu to suit local tastes. In addition to localised menu, the company will also offer beer on tap and a soft beverages bar.

Previous articleFlipkart opens warehouse at Dadri to cover major UP territories
Next articleMother Dairy is second best FMCG company in India’s top 100 companies to work for
FoodService India Bureau provides a powerful platform for the Indian food service sector to share their views, exchange ideas and strengthen industry collaboration for profitable and healthy growth. It is loaded with industry research, trends, news, guest columns, and analysis to give market players cutting-edge insight into the dynamics of foodservice industry of India. The readership of FoodService India Bureau spans Restaurateurs, Hoteliers, Food Retail Start-Ups, Foodservice Retailers (Physical Eating Spaces) that include Restaurant Chains, Standalones, QSRs, Pubs & Bars, Cafes, Chain Hotels - (Restaurants & Banquets), Food Court Operators, Multiplexes; Travel Food Retail, Food Retail at Other Hubs, Institutional Catering, Street Food – Food Trucks, Vans & Carts; Foodservice Retailers that operate Cloud, Ghost, Virtual Kitchens; Online Foodservice Players/ Providers/ Aggregators. Functionally they are mostly MDs; EDs; CEOs; CTOs; CIOs; General Managers; Chief Purchase Officers; Chefs; Food & Beverage Heads; Store Managers; etc,.The above readership of FoodService India Bureau collaborates and exchanges inspiration and insights with peers, and actively engages with a vast array of support organisations that include General Contractors-Design & Build; Designers & Architects; Contractor/Suppliers of Food & Beverage Equipment + Fixtures, Furniture, Fittings, Capital Assets, etc.; Partners, Financers & Investors; Marketing & Efficiency Support Organisations; Consultants and experts in FS Formats, Trends, Cuisine Trends, Opportunities; Food Retail Tech Specialist Organisations; and Industry Associations working on broader interests of industry players and liaisoning within and with GoI. And also with Suppliers of consumables - Food, Beverage, Cutlery, Table Linen, Small Equipment, Disposables, Ingredients, Raw Material, other available for sale material, etc; Hospitality Training/ Hotel Management Institutes/ Recruitment & Training Organisations; Trend/Market-Footfall Research Agencies; Marketing Activation and Employee Recruitment, Training-Development Organisations.Note: FoodServiceIndia Bureau is also the digtal vehicle of the Indian edition of the well-respected FoodService Europe & Middle East magazine is a specialty B2B publication in the HoReCa (Hotel, Restaurants and Catering) sector in India. A bi-monthly print publication, FoodService India reaches out to key decision makers in the foodservice business in the country. For feedback, enquiries and/or editorial participation, please write to rajanvarma@imagesgroup.in