Snapdeal Registers 50 percent Sales Over Mobile Phones

Must Read

Snapdeal.com, one of India’s largest online marketplaces, has hit a major milestone for the Indian m-commerce industry, with 50 percent of the sales now happening through mobile based transactions. The platform has seen an exponential 25 fold growth in mobile based transactions, which now make up a majority of all transactions. One year ago mobile based transactions were only 5 percent of total orders. Key macro factors driving this growth include increased penetration of smartphones given their reducing prices and mobile being the first and possibly, the only point of entry to the internet for millions of consumers in India.

These transactions happen through Snapdeal’s full featured mobile site and popular native applications for Android and iOS platforms.

“Given the increasingly higher consumption of data on mobile phones, we think that the next wave of digital commerce customers will come from this medium. Our constant endeavor has been to provide our customers a seamless shopping experience whether they are shopping through the web or through their mobile phones. Our ability to build browser and device specific experience as well as the rapid introduction of user experience enhancement features on our mobile platforms have played a key role in driving this growth for us”, said Ankit Khanna, Vice President – Product Management – Snapdeal.com.

Below are insights on the mobile based transactions seen on Snapdeal.com in the last 3 months:

  1. 45 percent of the transactions seen on mobile come through the native applications while the remaining 55 percent come through the mobile site.
  2. 20 percent of all app users open the Snapdeal app every day signaling the high engagement that exists with users
  3.  Android is the more popular operating system accounting for 80 percent followed by iOS at 20 percent
  4. The average ticket size of orders place through the mobile apps is higher than those placed through the mobile site.
  5. Fashion and home related products are most popular amongst customers buying over mobile owing to the impulsive buying patterns for these products.
Previous articleMaiyas: Extending Reach
Next articleWinning Customers
spot_img
Latest News

Samosa Singh launches its first QSR outlet in Bengaluru

In addition to the latest QSR outlet, Samosa Singh has over 50 cloud kitchens in 8 cities including Bengaluru,...

More Articles Like This