Okhla Garment & Textile Cluster (OGTC) is organising 10th International Conference on Apparel & Home Textiles ICAHT on September 19 and 20, 2014 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on the theme “Commitment To Excellence”.
Department Institute MSME, Govt. of India and Office of the Textile Commissioner, Ministry of Textile, Govt. of India has consented for the their support for this event. AEPC is a lead sponsor.
India apparel industry has a hope of coming into the picture of preferred sourcing destination due to the changing scenario in China, Europe, US and Bangladesh.
The global apparel manufacturing industry is expected to grow more than ever in times to come. The apparel manufacturers are now adopting new techniques to increase their trade. New business models and competitive strategies are used to enhance profits and growth.
The conference is intended to cover all aspects of the apparel industry, including the problems of smallscale enterprises in the developing world, the barriers which are hindering the growth of this industry, the strength and weakness of the manufacturers in different region, globalization issues, resource and manpower scarcity, quality of the product, trade laws, adopting new techniques to improve productivity, managing global supply chain and finally changing apparel industry trends with everchanging fashions.
The conference aims to provide an environment for academics, researchers and practitioners to
exchange ideas and recent developments in the field of apparel manufacturing. The conference is also expected to foster networking, collaboration and joint effort among the conference participants to advance the theory and practice as well as to identify major trends in apparel manufacturing.
The Convention will be a great opportunity for international trade fraternity to know the dual strengths that India can offer, not only as a great supplier base, but also as a fashion destination for international brand.
Key issues to be addressed in ICAHT -2014
- Environment: Carbon Foot Print Measurement in Garment Industry.
- Direction: A Clear sense of where the organization is heading and how it will get, there that is meaningful to all employees.
- Leadership: The extent to which leaders inspire action.
- Culture: Shared benefits and quality of interaction within and across unit.
- Accountability: The extent to which individuals understand what is expected of them, have authority.
- To carry it out and take responsibility for delivering results.
- Coordination: Ability to evaluate organizational performance and risk and to add opportunities when they arise.
- Capabilities: The presence of institutional skills and talent required to executive strategy and create competitive advantage.
- Motivation: Presence of enthusiasm that drives employees to put in extraordinary effort to deliver results.
- External: Quality of suppliers, partners and other external shareholders to drive value.
- Innovation: of new ideas and the ability of the organization to adopt and shape itself as needed.
- Responsible Fashion: Leading to Responsible Competitiveness.
- Technological Up gradation: Appropriate and Continuous up gradation and absorption.