Home Retail Grass Roots acquires Mumbai-based Tajonline

    Grass Roots acquires Mumbai-based Tajonline

    By  
    SHARE

    UK-based Grass Roots group has announced the acquisition of the Mumbai-based merchandise and corporate gift supplier This latest investment by the performance improvement company gives it ownership of Tajonline.com; an online portal that caters to the needs of Indians based overseas who wish to send gifts to family and friends in their home country.

    Grass Roots has acquired 90 per cent of the shares in the company with the remaining 10 per cent owned by , the co-founder of Tajonline.

    Grass Roots India, a part of the , offers a holistic range of performance improvement products and services for employees, customers and channel partners in the areas of communication, education, measurement, reward and recognition and events.

    According to Stephen Hibberd, Grass Roots group’s regional director in Asia, “With the acquisition of Tajonline, our capabilities in India are strengthened. Acquisition will continue to be a component of our growth in building capability in India; however we are focused now on combining the existing Grass Roots business with Tajonline to create a single Grass Roots business in India.”

    Under the new set-up, Charoo Aggarwal will be assuming the role of managing director of Grass Roots India.