Shoppers’ Stop Limited has reported a 30 per cent increase in retail turnover at Rs 2,355.8 million in the first quarter ended June 30, 2007, as compared to Rs 1,808.7 million for the same period last year.
BS Nagesh, customer care associate and managing director of Shoppers’ Stop Limited, said, “We remain focused on driving growth in a systematic and sustained manner. The coming year will see us expanding our presence through our various formats.”
Gross margin rose by 37 per cent to Rs 792.1 million for the quarter, as compared to Rs 579.8 million posted in the corresponding quarter last year. Operating profit (profit before interest, depreciation and tax) for the quarter ended June 30, 2007, increased by 6 per cent to Rs 138.6 million from Rs 130.7 million in the same period last year.
As on June 30, 2007, the company’s loyalty programme called First Citizen had over 837,000 members, accounting for 66 per cent of the sales in the quarter. The total number of customer care associates stands at 3,426 as at the end of the quarter.
Q1FY08 updates –
• Shoppers’ Stop – Added 2 new stores at Noida and at Rajouri Garden, Delhi, taking the total tally to 22 stores with a presence in 12 cities
• Home Stop stores – 2 stores in Mumbai and Bangalore
• Mothercare (maternal & infant care) – Opened 2 Mothercare shop-in-shops at Shoppers’ Stop, Rajouri Garden, and Shoppers’ Stop, Noida, taking the total tally to 13 stores (including 7 shop-in-shops) with a presence in 6 cities
• Brio, Desi Café and Food court (food & beverages) – Currently, the total tally is 22 with 2 outlets of Desi Café and 20 of Brio, with a presence in 7 cities
• M.A.C. (cosmetics) – 2 stores in Mumbai and Bangalore